Juice Bar Business Plan – How To Start A Juice Bar
Opening a juice bar is an idea of small business in the retail food industry. A juice bar can sell freshly squeezed juices and also synthetic mixes. The current trend and awareness of eating healthy food have increased the market potential of fresh juice industry.
Juice bar business is a million dollar industry worldwide and projected to grow. Nowadays, a lot of people look for healthy food like fresh juice. The fresh fruit juice is a resource of minerals, vitamins, and energy.
Any individual having a passion for serving others can start this business. The most important thing is, you can start this business by two ways. One is by opening your own brand. Second is opening a franchise outlet.
No education background is required in nutrition. However, experience in food service industry is a plus. A true passion for fresh fruit and vegetables will allow you to get a better response. One must have good communication skill, a lot of energy, and management capability in this business.
Some important considerations are giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. After all, freshly made juices with a smiling face are the most important factors in this business.
In this article, we will discuss Juice Bar Business Plan – How To Start A Juice Bar.
To achieve success in your juice bar business, there are some very important factors to be put into consideration, some of which include:
Location of any business is first and fore and most thing since it is important to attract your customers so locality will be highly critical to the success of your business. For you to be able to attract customers (and not just customers, remember that your target would be health-conscious customers who understand why fresh juice is a better option), you would need to set up your juice bar in a place where you can attract such customers.
The first best place you should consider is in a fitness center. You should also think about setting up in a place where there is usually a lot of traffic. That way, you will be able to cater to thirsty customers who find themselves held up in traffic. You can also consider locations like airports and shopping malls and even schools.
- Seasonal Changes-:
Change of season would definitely affect your business growth. A juice bar business does not sell well during winter as compared to summer. Summer is the season in which the sale of juice is at the peak for your juice business because people consume drinks more at this time due to the hot weather.
¨ Types of Juice Bars:
- Mobile Juice Bar-: Mobile juice bars means a small set of business in low investment. This is getting more popular these days. They serve to each and every person whether they are busy or not any matter where they may be. Mobile juice bars make use of van, minibus or juice carts to sell their products. By setting business in a van, mini bus you could easily drive around neighborhoods to make sales or set up a sales booth at public events likes sports, exhibitions, and festivals.
- Juice and Smoothie Bar-: They are not same as compare to mobile juice bar they are at particular place and people like restaurants and people come by own to drink juice
This is one of the most important factors to help you succeed. You must make sure your juice menu is excellent and packed with a lot of tasty and healthy ingredients. You can try with different fruit combinations and flavors to come up with something no one else is offering. Ask customers their demand and also try to find out the type of juices that people demand more and ensure that it is included in your menu.
General Business Licenses and Permits
Whether it is juice business or any other business you have to require a few standard licenses and permits before they are legally allowed to make a sale. Sales and Use tax license, “doing business as” license and a registered organizational setup — as in sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation — are all required to begin your juice bar. For expanding your business if you want to sell alcoholic drinks, as per customers demand you must apply for an alcohol license through your state government. Governments also grant G.S.T. license and play a part in approving corporations and limited liability companies.
Equipment Needed to Start your Juice Bar
To start your juice bar, you will need to purchase some equipment.Some of the equipment that you will need includes-:
- Juice machine
- Ice Machine
- Juice Press
- Mesh Strainers
- Long spoon
¨ Promote Your Juice Bar Business
- Use every possible way to aware the local crowd.
- Publish advertizement on local newspapers.
- Promote online and offline both
- In-Store Retail Marketing (trade promotion) is a key factor
- Consistent service of good quality food ensures repeat customers.
- You can consider some co-branding activity with fitness center or sports clubs.
- Make your store available on local popular online classifieds.
- Try to get some media coverage.
- You can also promote on social media.